MLJ Reopening Procedures:
When you come to visit us, we’ll be happy to see you! You will notice, though, that our spaces and procedures look different from before as we have put measures in place to comply with the Governor’s Responsible ReStart Ohio Plan. We expect all staff and community members to stay at least 6 feet apart. Staff is required to wear face coverings, and customers are encouraged, but not required, to do so.
If you are symptomatic: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, please come back and see us another time when you are feeling better.
- All children under the age of 12 must have an adult with them inside the library. Children must be within arm’s reach of the adult at all times and until further notice (If you are on the computer, your child must be seated next to you, not in a different area of the library).
- No more than 25 patrons in the Library at any given time.
- Increased cleaning protocols following all recommended CDC/ State of Ohio guidelines including a 72-hour quarantine of library materials and enhanced sanitizing protocol.
- Limit your time in the Library to one (1) hour to accommodate as many users as possible.
- While browsing of the collection will be allowed: we will ask, that if patrons pull an item off the shelf to review it that they do not put it back on the shelf but to place it on any of the carts located around the library. Items will then be placed in to a 72 hour quarantine and sanitized before being returned to the shelf.
- Computer use limited to 1 hour per day and one (1) person per computer. Sorry, no time extension...even if no one is waiting.
- Enhanced sanitizing/disinfecting protocol after each patron use. Keyboard, mouse, desk, chair
- Patrons must practice social distancing of six feet while in the Library. With this in mind please limit to 4 persons while browsing in the DVD section.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks and to use available hand sanitizer while browsing the collection.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 3-4 days before check-in. So your account still may show it is due even if you have returned it.
While curbside service has been well received and will continue as an option to use the library for the foreseeable future, we know people are anxious to come into the building and browse the collection for themselves. We are excited to welcome the community back to the library and are hopeful that if we all follow these guidelines, we can create an atmosphere that prioritizes safety while also providing access to the collection.
Services currently unavailable: meeting room (canceled through July). A revaluation will occur on a monthly basis.
- Access to our local history area will be available by appointment only
- Check-in with staff at the desk
- One (1) hour per day
- Two (2) person maximum occupancy
Reserve by asking staff at the Reference desk, or by calling 419-673-2278.
All staff members are required to:
- Perform a daily symptoms assessment before coming to the building
- Wear a mask, face-covering or face shield
- Wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer
When possible, maintain an appropriate social distance of at least six feet
What time can I pick up my items?
Curbside Pickup is available Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am to 7:30 pm. Friday and Saturday hours 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
What if I owe fines?
If you have a balance due over $5.00, you must pay this down (under $5.00) before you can pick up any held items. For the safety of our staff, we will not be able to process payments at the curbside. Please call 419-673-2278 and we will be happy to help you process your payment via phone with a card of your choice.
Fines & fees during the closure
We are waiving all overdue fines from March 16th, 2020 to June 7th, 2020. Please return all items by June 7th to avoid any fines.
Who can pick up my items?
Anyone may pick up your items, but they must present your library card or have your library card number in order to pick up your items. Staff will not release items to those without a library card number.
How do I reserve items?
You can reserve most titles online or over the phone. Requests are limited to 10 items per customer at a time. There is no fee for this service. Once your hold is available, you will be notified. You will have 3 days to pick up your item(s). After 3 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
Please call 419-673-2278 and speak to a staff member. We are happy to help you!
How does Curbside Pickup work?
Reserve your items online at https://mljlibrary.org/ by logging into your account or reserve by calling 419-673-2278
1. Once your items become available you will be notified. You may then pick them up only during Curbside hours. You do not need to call ahead or book an appointment. You will have 3 days to pick up your item(s). After 3 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
2. When arriving, open your trunk or window then call the library 419-673-2278 and let us know you are here.
3. STAY IN YOUR CAR and one of our staff members will approach your window from a safe distance to ask you for your library bar code number.
4. Your items will be placed in your vehicle by staff. We will not touch your vehicle (to shut the door, trunk).
5. Staff cannot accept your return materials.
How do I renew items?
You may renew your items over the phone. You may renew items if no one else has requested them and if the renewal limit has not been reached.
Where do I return items?
You may only return items via the drive-up/walk-up drop boxes, which have 24-hour access. All items are placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being placed back on shelves. Please allow 72 hours before your account will show your items as returned.
I returned my items, but my account says they are not checked back in yet.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we are placing all returned items into quarantine for 72 hours before checking those items in. Your items should be marked returned shortly after that time period.
What are the safety precautions your staff is taking?
All staff members are required to wear a face mask and will practice social distancing from other staff members and members of the public during the curbside service. All items checked back into the library during this time are placed in a 72-hour quarantine before being placed back on shelves.
What if I don’t have a car, but still want Curbside Pickup?
We are offering a walk-up service with notice. Please call 419-673-2278 to make arrangements.
Is the outside book drop the only way to return books and materials?
At this time our outside book drop boxes are the only return system we are using. Library staff will check in any items put in outside book drops. All books are placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being placed back on shelves.